Thursday, April 21, 2005

Could this be any more fun?

The first day of the conference is going great. I've learned quite a bit already -- but mostly about how charismatic copy editors can be. (In addition to being a fantastic dresser, John McIntyre is also a fantastic speaker.)

I've been to one session so far, on how to deal with different problem personalities in the newsroom. Up next: the famous "Rules that aren't" from Bill Walsh, I think.

But it's true: My biggest complaint about the conference will be too much good stuff to choose from. Every time I decide for one, I'm deciding against another. 'Tis a pity.

Headline winners were announced this morning. I'll try to get a list of those to post. (Off the top of my head, I know the New York Times won the staff portfolio award, with the Tampa Tribune coming in second.)

More to come!

2 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, April 25, 2005, Blogger James said...

His class at Loyola College is the single greatest class I've taken in my four years, not just in the class itself, but the impact it had.

 
At 6:33 PM, April 26, 2005, Blogger Nicole said...

I can only imagine what he's like as a teacher ... must be phenomenally fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home