Friday, March 26, 2004

Adaptation

"The Top 10 Things They Never Taught Me in Design School" has tips that could just as easily be called "The Top 10 Things They Never Taught Me in J School."

Adapt these rules to your job; it's great advice:
3. If everything is equally important, then nothing is very important.
You hear a lot about details, from “Don’t sweat the details” to “God is in the details.” Both are true, but with a very important explanation: hierarchy. You must decide what is important, and then attend to it first and foremost. Everything is important, yes. But not everything is equally important. A very successful real estate person taught me this. He told me, “Watch King Rat. You’ll get it.”
I've never seen "King Rat," and I'm not sure this is a rousing endorsement, but I like the advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home