Sunday, April 11, 2004

Tired of reviews yet?

Here's another piece on "Eats, Shoots & Leaves," this one from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. It includes some anecdotes from her days as a copy editor.
"I was a terribly arrogant sub," she says. "I used to move whole bits around. Now, of course, I can't stand for my writing to be changed.
It also says she got the idea for the book during her popular radio show.

A radio show. On grammar and punctuation. What is this mystical land they call England?

I disapprove of the headline: The Punctuation Nazi. I know it's become cute to call people Nazi this and Nazi that since the Soup Nazi made appearances on Seinfeld. But, really, think about it. (Also, it seems strange for a headline writer [presumably a copy editor] to vilify a punctuation expert. But that's another point.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home