Friday, June 25, 2004

Credibility

More chicanery at newspapers that could have been avoided:

At the Topeka Capital-Journal, an 86-year-old sex educator said she was a survivor of the Bataan Death March. A reader's e-mail that something sounded fishy went unheeded, and more than a month later the truth was discovered. The managing editor, who fielded the reader e-mail, has resigned.

And it appears a copy editor has caught nationally syndicated financial guru Dave Ramsey making up names (Why stop there? Maybe he didn't?) for the submitted questions he answers in his columns. Although Ramsey blames an underling, five Gannett papers have dropped his column so far.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, September 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

REGARDING GONE MISSING-I AM CONFUSED.WHILE DRIVING IN EASTERN OREGON I FELT THE SUDDEN URGE TO GO...MY WIFE SAID HURRY,I DO NOT WANT TO BE ALONE IN THE CAR. WHEN I RETURNED AN OFFICER WYBENGA AND MY WIFE WERE ARGUING ABOUT IF I HAD GONE MISSING OR GONE PISSING.HELP,I MISSED THE PART IN ENGLISH ABOUT THE USE OF GERUNDS.did good on use of caps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home