Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The media hack

Wired News is starting a weekly column on the media and how it relates to the Internet.

The reporter is Adam Penenberg, who helped break the story of fabricator Stephen Glass.
In the coming months, I'll study how traditional publishers are approaching the Internet, and analyze the ways politicians and corporations spin the news and how info consumers process this information. I'll dissect blogs, which some believe could lead to a democratization of news (although in my opinion they merely represent the democratization of punditry) and report on trends.

Whenever possible, I'll try to point out when reporters distort facts or advance personal agendas (it happens). Mostly, I'll take a good hard look the evolving state of media in the online world, where more and more people are spending their time and money.
Should be an interesting read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home