Sunday, August 22, 2004

Quick to the point?

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram switched to its one-jump Sunday fronts today. Newsdesigner has a look at the before and after.

This was not what I was expecting. I was looking forward to succinct stories on the front -- the top news of the day without repeats of all the background information. Meat and bones but little fat.

Instead, it's a compilation of glorified refers with headlines taking up too much space.

God help me, but I like USA Today better.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, August 22, 2004, Blogger Nicole said...

I can't read the title of this post without singing "Quick to the point, to the point no fakin', cookin' MCs like a pound of bacon."

Sorry if anyone else is similarly afflicted.

 
At 3:57 PM, August 25, 2004, Blogger biggdbo said...

Burnin' 'em, being quick and nimble ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home