Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Revised ACES schedule

John McIntyre posted a revised ACES schedule.

With such a packed line-up, I somehow overlooked one copy-editing celeb: Tom Mangan (of the San Jose Mercury News and Prints the Chaff fame) is presenting "It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll: Editing Pop Music Copy."

Only six more days to send in your registration.

UDPATE: Tom's changed his session to "Fitness for Rim Rats: How I
lost 37 pounds, discovered the great outdoors and re-energized my life." (Hint: He quit blogging at Prints the Chaff. So his weight loss was a loss for the rest of us, too.)

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, February 03, 2005, Blogger tom said...

That was the day before yesterday's plan: today's plan is to drop the music session and do one called "Fitness for Rim Rats: How I lost 37 pounds, discovered the Great Outdoors and Re-energized my Life." I'm sticking with this plan.

 
At 12:31 PM, February 03, 2005, Blogger Nicole said...

Tom, I can't tell 100 percent if you're serious. But, regardless, I think that sounds like a great idea. Of course, living in one of the most beautiful areas of the country doesn't hurt your hiking ambitions. I've really enjoyed following your adventures at your blog.

 
At 1:59 PM, February 03, 2005, Blogger tom said...

It was funny, I was making good progress on research for the session on music editing, then yesterday morning it dawned on me that there'd be far more interest in a session on fitness, and I'd be able to do a much better job because of my experiences, so I pitched it to John at ACES and he said go for it.

So maybe the music editing session will be next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home