Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Fired copy editor now a columnist

Gawker points out (with the great headline "Christ-happy copy editor pens cringe-worth column") that Dawn Eden has a new gig at the New York Daily News:
And for her first column, we get -- well, a blog entry. A link dump, no less. With only one little paranoid far-right digression about the YWCA poisoning our precious bodily fluids or something. I think she's been cleaned up. Sanitized for the staid Daily News readership. Even the headline is decidedly un-Dawn.

Reading it, I got choked up. How will people truly understand Dawn's struggle against the entrenched liberal elite at the Post reading this list of funny-ish links? No, something must be done. If I were to change Ms. Eden's copy, just a little bit, it would be a public service.

When strangers began stumbling across my blog while doing Web searches, I realized I had a virtual soapbox.

A blog, unchecked, can easily [result in the destruction of embryos].
Gawker cracks me up.

(And Dawn's column looks as if it will be a roundup of blogs to check out. If you're into that kind of thing. [Blogs. Bah!])

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger Doug said...

I didn't realize it was possible to be any more boring in covering blogs than CNN is with its insipid on-air segments. Now, thanks to the Daily News, I know it is possible. The problem with Dawn Eden is that we keep writing about Dawn Eden. Let's do her a public service and give her ego a rest.

 
At 6:29 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Nicole said...

Come on, Doug, be a sport. This is too rich to pass up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home