Thursday, May 19, 2005

Terrible, simply terrible

Three reasons I just love Testy Copy Editors (where I got these examples of terrible journalism):

Take this headline from the Guardian UK:
Hello! wins OK! damages appeal
And this lead from the Chicago Sun-Times:
Donald Trump had nothing on Chicago Public Schools principals last week.

"You're fired," they told 1,096 nontenured teachers who have found themselves suddenly jobless under a new policy allowing principals to dump nontenured teachers -- without hearings.
And then this hit-the-readers-over-the-head clarification from the Ventura County Star:
"My dad kind of wants me to go to Harvard (University). I just don't want to, but I'm not sure," said the young Latina. "They told me to be proud of who I am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home