Monday, June 20, 2005

Get out those checkbooks

Bill Walsh has been named a member of the Copy Editor newsletter's editorial advisory board. I'd say that's even more reason to subscribe.

In other Walsh news, this blog entry of his has had me cracking up for days:
My favorite pull quote from my latest acquisition as a stylebook collector, the style guide of the Guardian:

"Iraq or Iran -- what's our style?"

Freelance subeditor at British national newspaper
(not the Guardian)

And be sure to check out his recent argument that e-mail responses, given their informal nature, can often be edited.

2 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, June 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is off topic but has anybody checked out Jeopardy lately? Champion for the last two days has been a copy editor but I've not caught what her paper is.

 
At 10:49 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Nicole said...

Haven't seen it. But here's a related Testy Copy Editors thread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home