Lessons learned from Katrina
Here are some style notes I've collected. Feel free to e-mail me more (or add them to the comments), and I'll add them here.
- Underwater is one word as an adjective or adverb.
- Floodwater is one word.
- Buses has only two S's.
- Tropical-storm-force winds needs two hyphens.
- Canceled has only one L.
- Levees are breached, not breeched.
- Beware the abundance of adjectives. (Remember "show, don't tell"?)
- Mph is acceptable in all references to miles per hour or miles an hour.
- Whiskey has an E when it stands alone, but it's Scotch whisky.
Any arguments or additions?