Monday, November 07, 2005

Testy and funny?!

The editor of the Pantagraph devotes a column to copy editors and heaps praise on Testy Copy Editors.
Hollywood rarely makes movies about copy editors. So it's easy to get a sense you're a second-class citizen on what we call the "desk."

I've never felt that way because of what I said above and I've worked on the copy desk at other papers. I always felt I traded anonymity for a role where I had more influence on the final product. But for many copy editors that feeling lingers.

This is why I found a Web site called "Testy Copy Editors" -- -- interesting.

I can't say that the humorous excerpts he pulls from the site reflect our funniest work, but I shouldn't complain.


At 11:00 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Mike said...

I worked my first gig at the Pantagraph ... and got fired when my editors finally realized I didn't (and never would) have the stomach for beat reporting.

There are some great people at that paper. It's a top-notch organization.

At 8:42 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Phillip Blanchard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

At 8:44 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Phillip Blanchard said...

The writer apparently stopped at the virtually static "home page," not bothering to look at the boards. Some of the stuff he quoted was not from posts, such as the
"joyless grind" quote.


Post a Comment

<< Home